Players practice skating, passing, and shooting.
- Place two cones on the ice near the blue line.
- Players form two lines on the goal line, one on each side of the ice.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Player 1 skates around the cone and to the slot.
- Player 2 passes to player 1.
- Player 1 receives the puck and shoots.
- Player 1 goes to back of opposite line.
- Player 2 now skates around the cone to the slot and receives a pass from player 3.
- Drill continues in this pattern.
- Run drill for 4-8 minutes.
- On the shot, players should be going closed, open, closed – cup the puck with a closed blade, then open it up for lift off, then roll the wrists to close it again.
- Players should also look at the net before shooting – staring at the puck on the blade of the stick won’t help them know where to shoot.