Players learn to pass off the boards to teammates.
- Players form two lines – one at the goal line and one at the blue line.
- The coach stands midway between the two lines.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go” to start.
- Player at goal line passes the puck off the boards to his teammate at the blue line.
- Run the drill for 8-12 minutes.
- This drill will have a bit of a learning curve as players need to discover the proper angles to use based on where their teammate is on the ice.
- You can make this a little more difficult by trying to intercept the pass.
- You can also run this drill by having the wing pass down to the goal line or having two players pass it back and forth for a certain number of passes.