This drill helps younger players develop an awareness of where the puck is.
- You can run this drill in two or three circles, depending on how many players you have.
- A coach is in the middle of the circle and there are 5 or 6 players spread evenly around it.
- Coach has a puck.
How it Works
- Coach starts the drill by passing the puck to a player around the circle.
- That player needs to properly cushion the puck and then pass it across the circle to another player.
- Run the drill for 4-8 minutes.
- During this drill, you can, at any time, tip or redirect the pass, or let it go straight through, to keep players on their toes.