Defensemen practice making hard turns to go from skating forward to
- Players line up at the goal line near the boards.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Player skates forward around the faceoff circle to the top.
- At the top he performs a hard Defense Turn and returns around the same portion of the circle skating backward.
- Run the drill for 4-8 minutes or 3-5 reps.
- Players should be shifting their weight to their pivot leg and not crossing over to make the switch from skating forward to skating backward.