Players learn to control the puck while keeping their head up
- Players line up across from each other on opposite sides of the ice.
- Each player has a puck.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Players skate with the puck to the other side of the rink.
- The idea is for players to keep their heads up in order to avoid collisions.
- Have the players run 4 to 8 reps with a rep being a player going from one side of the ice to the
- Have the players start out slow and then as they improve you can have them go faster and
faster until eventually they are at full speed.