Players practice handling the puck, cutting and shooting.
- Place a cone at the top of one faceoff circle and a cone at the bottom of the other faceoff circle.
- Players form two lines at the blue line.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- On the high cone side, first player skates to the cone while puckhandling, cuts to the middle and shoots.
- At the same time on the low cone side, the player skates with a puck to the low cone, cuts in and shoots.
- Players change lines after shooting.
- Run the drill for 5-8 minutes.
- Players should be using crossovers and cutting tightly next to the cones before coming out and taking a hard, powerful, on target shot.