Players practice skating fundamentals. Also, improves conditioning.
- Create an obstacle course that goes through many of the skills learned in the various drills in this guide. For example, the course might include cones, sticks, nets, etc.
How it Works
- Throw sticks about the ice, create obstacles that need to be jumped over or dived under and areas that require the skater to test their turns and corners and agility on skates.
- Once the course is laid out, then you can play a game of follow the leader.
- Have one of the captains of the team lead the rest of the players on a trek through the course.
- Have the players complete 1-3 reps.
- This drill can also be a great conditioner if you want to set a time limit (like 10 minutes of obstacle course).
- Try to build a course that touches on all the important skating skills but that also lets players have a little fun.