Players learn to combine two skills, skating and passing, in this drill.
- Players form four lines – two facing one net, and two facing the other net.
- The lines start near center ice. Each pair of skaters gets a puck.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Both players will skate towards the net, and they have to pass it back and forth at least three times before they get to the net.
- Once they reach the net, one player can take a shot on goal.
- Run drill for 5-10 minutes.
- To add difficulty to the drill, a coach can stand in the way of the skaters so they get an even better idea of how passing can help them get by the defense.