Players learn to shoot quickly, accurately and under pressure (time).
- Players form a line about 10 to 12 feet in front of the net.
- Player gets five pucks.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Player has 10 seconds to control the pucks, find a place to shoot and take the shots (five shots in total).
- After first player shoots five times, the next player goes.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes or until each player does it three times.
- If you can find one of the ‘goalies’ like a Mr. Sieve, or the brackets that affix to the net, that could help the players improve their accuracy even more.
- This drill also works better if you have several nets for the players to use. Four is a good number and will allow you to separate your team into four small groups.
- As players get better they should be aiming for the 5 holes and not just hitting the puck down the middle.