Players learn to push their passes and then to cushion them upon reception.
- Players pair off and form two lines facing each other.
- Each pair has a puck.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Players pass the puck back and forth to each other.
- Run drill for 5-10 minutes.
- Players should be 6-8 feet apart to start and then as they improve you can lengthen the distance.
• You should instruct the kids to keep their stick on the ice and to push the puck off their stick – not to slap at it.
• When they receive the pass they need to learn to cushion it on their stick – or it will bounce off.