Players improve their puck handling and manual dexterity.
- Place approximately 8 smaller cones in a line with the cones being about 4 feet apart.
- Players line up at one end of the line of cones.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- The first player in line skates up to the cones with enough speed to glide over all of them.
- The player then straddles the cones all of the way down while stickhandling back and forth between them.
- It’s OK for players to look at the puck when they first run this drill but as they improve they should start keeping their head up and not watching the puck on their stick.
- If you have young skaters you may want to run the drill without the puck to start and just let them move their sticks between the cones.