PurposePlayers work on skating with speed.
- Players line up at opposite ends of the goal line at both ends of the ice.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle.
- The two players on both ends of the ice skate out of the corner, around the cone and to the puck.
- The first player on each end to reach the puck wins.
- Run the drill until all players have gone.
- A variation of this drill would be to have the players skate backward to the blue line, pivot, skate around the cone and then race to the puck.