Players practice passing, stickhandling and shooting.
- A cone is placed at the bottom of each faceoff circle.
- Players form two lines one on each side of the ice.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Player 1 skates with the puck around the cone and passes to player 2 in the slot. • Player 2 receives the pass and shoots.
- Players 3 and 4 then perform the same pattern on the other side of the ice.
- After completing the drill on one side, both players go to the end of the opposite line.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes.
- The drill should be run continuously, alternating from side to side.
- Players moving into the slot should give a good target with their stick.
- They should then have soft hands that give with the puck before quickly getting into shooting position.