Defensemen work on passing the puck back and forth while skating backward and then forward.
- Defensemen form two lines at center ice.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle and passes the puck to one of the defensemen.
- The two defensemen then skate backward while passing the puck back and forth.
- At the goal line they stop and then skate forward passing the puck back and forth.
- At the center line they pass the puck to the coach and the next pair of defensemen go.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes.
- When receiving a pass, the player should have his blade square to the puck and he should put a little weight on his stick with his bottom hand so the puck doesn’t bounce off.