Players learn to be strong on their skates.
- Players line up along the goal line.
How it Works
- Coach stands along the boards at the center line. If there is an assistant coach he stands across from the coach on the other side of the ice.
- Coach blows the whistle or says “Go” and players skate to the opposite goal line.
- As players are skating the coaches slide pucks at the players’ skates.
- Players try to avoid getting hit by the pucks. If they are hit by a puck they are out and they go to the sideline where they shoot pucks at the remaining players along with the coaches.
- Players who are not hit by pucks stop at opposite goal line and prepare to skate back to where they started on the coach’s command.
- Drill continues until only one skater is left.
- Kids should be skating with their heads up so they can see the pucks coming at them.