Players learn to stickhandle around another player.
- Pair up players and give one a puck.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- The player on defense gets in a hockey stance.
- The player with the puck tries to control the puck and get it around the player.
- Players alternate playing with the puck.
- Run the drill for 5 minutes.
- Players can take the puck around the side of the defender, go between his legs, etc.
- Start out with defender standing stationary. As players improve with their puckhandling you can allow the defender more movement.