Players practice stickhandling while making turns and shooting on the move.
- Players form two lines: In front of one line are two groups of three pylons.
- The two groups are about 12 feet apart.
- In the second line, 5 pylons are set up between the blue lines in a zigzag fashion.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- On one side the players will have to control the puck around the groups of pylons.
- They perform a full circle around the first group and then do another full circle around the second
group while going the opposite direction.
- After circling the second group of pylons, the player maintains control of the puck and takes a shot
- In the second line, the players need to negotiate around the pylons while handling the puck.
- After completing the course, the player takes a shot on net.
- After shooting, players go to the back of the opposite line.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes.
- Players should be making tight turns around the pylons and using good skating fundamentals
with their head up.