Players practice shooting through a screen and using a screen to help them score a goal.
- For this drill you need to nail a tire to a 2X4 or 2X6 piece of wood.
- Place your creation about 10 to 12 feet in front of the net.
How it Works
- Goalie takes his position in the net.
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- Players take turns taking slap shots where they aim for the hole in the tire.
- Run the drill for 4-8 minutes.
- You can add a little extra dimension to this drill by having players stand on either side of the tire and try to tip the puck as it goes through or comes out of the tire.