Defenders attempt to stop two offensive players from scoring
- Two offensive players set up at opposite ends of the goal line.
- Defender sets up by one of the offensive players.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle.
- Defender passes the puck across the ice to the other offensive player.
- The two offensive players then skate into the neutral zone.
- Defender moves to the middle of the ice.
- Offensive players then come back 2 on 1 versus the defender.
- This happens at both ends of the ice.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes.
- Offensive players should move at full-speed. They can cross in front of the defender, use a drop
pass, stay wide or try a variety of other moves.