Pairs of offensive and defensive players learn to work together to beat the other side.
- Offensive players set up on opposite ends of the goal line.
- Defenders set up at the blue line.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle.
- The offensive players exchange passes and loop over the center line.
- The defenders skate into the neutral zone and then begin skating backward toward the goal.
- Offensive players go against defensive players 2-on-2.
- Run the drill for 8-15 minutes.
- A general rule of defensive play is if offensive players cross above the faceoff circles the defenders should play their area and not cross. If offensive players cross below the circles, defenders should play man to man.