Defensemen work on making a good outlet pass to start the breakaway.
- You need a defenseman, a center and a wing.
How it Works
- Coach shoots the puck into the corner.
- Defenseman goes and gets the puck.
- He skates around the net and forward toward center ice.
- He passes to the center who is skating toward the center circle.
- Center receives the puck and then passes to the wing.
- Wing skates forward and shoots.
- Run the drill for 5-10 minutes.
- The defenseman should aim to hit the center in stride with his pass.
- To increase the difficulty of this drill you can add a goalie and a defenseman to defend against the two on one on the other end.