Players learn to make a move with the puck (a spin) and then make a good pass to the next player.
- Players form three lines – one on the outside of each faceoff circle and one at center ice.
- A cone is placed in the center of the triangle formed by the lines.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go” to start.
- The first player in line at center ice skates to and around the cone.
- He then passes the puck to the first player in the line on the right.
- That players skates to the cone and around it and then passes to the first player in the line on the left.
- That player skates to and around the cone and then passes to the next player in the line at center ice.
- Drill continues in this pattern.
- Run drill for 8-12 minutes.
- Players should strive to make as tight a turn as possible around the cone and then an accurate pass.
- You should also run the drill the opposite way so the skater from center ice would pass to the skater in the left line and the drill would rotate from there.