Players practice a variety of passing skills.
- Create five groups of players and station each group at one of the circles.
How it Works
- A coach blows his whistle or says “Go” to start.
- Players at each station perform a specific passing drill.
- Station 1 – players one-touch pass to each other.
- Station 2 – Players pass and follow.
- Station 3 – Players pass the puck while on their knees.
- Station 4 – Players execute backhand passes.
- Station 5 – Players play “monkey in the middle” with a player in the middle of the circle trying to intercept the pass.
- Run the drill for 2-5 minutes and then have players rotate stations. Continue until players have been at all five stations.
- Stress to passers to look at their target and get a good weight shift on the pass.
- Stress to receivers to present a good target and to cushion the puck when it hits their blade.