Players learn to pass the puck off the boards to get by a defender.
- You need four cones.
- Place each cone on a blue line about 3 to 4 feet from the boards.
- Players form four lines.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says “Go.”
- First player in each line skates up to the cone and passes the puck off the boards to himself on the other side of the cone.
- Run the drill for 4-8 minutes.
- This drill will have a bit of a learning curve as players discover the angle and force they need to hit the puck off the boards.
- Once players understand how to get the puck past the cone, you can put a coach with a stick in its place, just to add another dimension.