A conditioning drill that also helps players improve their quick starts and
stops as well as their skating.
- Players line up at the goal line.
How it Works
- Coach blows his whistle or says, “Go.”
- Players skate hard to the blue line, then back to the goal line.
- Players skate to the center line, then back to the blue line.
- Players skate to the next blue line, then back to the goal line.
- Finally, players skate to the opposite goal line and back.
- Run this drill multiple times to build conditioning. Also, if players don’t give proper effort, have them do the entire drill again.
- Drill should be continuous with no stops or rest periods between each segment.
- Look for good skating fundamentals – players should start in a good hockey stance and they should keep their heads up when skating.