This drill helps younger skaters learn the power of their blade edges. It builds skating power and also helps players learn to gain momentum with each stride.
- Players line up along the goal line
How it Works
- Coach blows the whistle or says “Go” and players skate to the opposite goal line.
- They stop at the opposite goal line, turn and prepare to go back.
- Coach blows the whistle or says “Go” and players skate back to the other goal line.
- Perform 3 reps – down and back is one rep.
- Be sure to explain how the edge of the skate is very important in gaining speed and power in
- Demonstrate proper technique to the players before running the drill for the first time: Angle
your skate, push off and then glide until you start to slow down and then push off with the other
- With each stride, the skater should alternate legs they push with as they make their way down